The Meetings Committee is an LESI Management Committee responsible for managing the selection, planning and production of LESI Conferences and Meetings, the criteria used therefore and the process for the nomination of host societies and venues for such Conferences and Meetings.
The mission of the Meetings Committee is to ensure the successful execution of LESI Conferences and Meetings by establishing the criteria used to select host Societies and venues, examining nominee host Societies and venues for their ability to adhere to the criteria, recommending host Societies and venues for LESI Conferences and Meetings and providing aid, support and oversight to host Societies and venues, as requested and needed.
The goals of the Meeting Committee include the following:
- Examining nominee host Societies and venues for their ability to adhere to the criteria.
- Assist Societies presently designated to host LESI Annual Conferences in 2014 (Russia), 2015 (Benelux), 2016 (China), 2017 (France), 2018 (USA & Canada) and 2019 (Japan) as requested.
- Start looking into venues for the 2020 LESI Annual Conference and beyond.
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI Website.
- Laura McDonald (LES Benelux)
- Junko Sugimura (LES Japan)
- Audrey Yap (LES Singapore)
- Fiona Nicolson (LESI Vice-President)