The Meetings Committee is an LESI Management Committee responsible for managing the selection, planning and production of LESI Conferences and Meetings, the criteria used therefore and the process for the nomination of host societies and venues for such Conferences and Meetings.
The mission of the Meetings Committee is to ensure the successful execution of LESI Conferences and Meetings by establishing the criteria used to select host Societies and venues, examining nominee host Societies and venues for their ability to adhere to the criteria. The Committee must also recommend host Societies and venues for LESI Conferences and Meetings and providing aid, support and oversight to host Societies and venues, as requested and needed.
The goals of the Meeting Committee include the following:
- Examining nominee host Societies and venues for their ability to adhere to the criteria.
- Assist Societies presently designated to host LESI Annual Conferences in 2023 (Americas), 2024 (Europe) and 2025 (Asia).
- Start looking into venues for the 2023 LESI Annual Conference and beyond.
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI Website.
- Bob Held (LES USA/Canada)
- Georgina Busku (LES Hungary)
- Francisco Velasco (LES Spain/Hungary)
- Anne-Charlotte Le Bihan (LES France)
- Hiroki Saito (LES Japan)
- Hayley French (LES Britain/Ireland)
- Sergey Dorofeev (LES Russia)
- Tatiana Campello (LESI Corporate Secretary)