The European Committee is an LESI Regional Committee that serves as the focal point for the members of the licensing profession involved with the licensing and technology transfer in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
The mission of the European Committee is to promote the licensing profession in the EMEA region, by, inter alia, promoting networking among its members, sponsoring appropriate educational activities such as workshops, lectures, and seminars, monitoring legal developments in the region and identifying and collaborating on problem areas of concern to, and major new developments in, professionals in this region.
The goals of the European Committee for 2020-2021 include the following:
- Develop with assistance from the LESI External Relations Committee an Outreach strategy for contacting and collaborating with relevant professional and business organizations involved with licensing and technology transfer in the EMEA Region as a significant part of their agenda
- Coordinate with the LESI External Relations Committee to identify relevant target professional organizations in the EMEA region involved with licensing and technology transfer as a significant part of their agenda and to implement the Outreach strategy to make and maintain contact with them and to collaborate on activities with them
- Seek to produce an LES Workshop and Webinar on key issues for the profession moderated by the European Committee but comprising presenters from the third party organizations. The program should focus on similarities and differences regarding such key issues between the organizations.
- Conduct/sponsor at least one Workshop at the 2021 LESI Annual Conference
- Secure and sponsor at least one publication in les Nouvelles
- Organize and conduct the Pan-European Meeting
- Present to the LESI Board of Directors and the LESI Board of Delegates potential policy submissions and public comment to the European Commission
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI Website
- Alexander Haertel (LES Germany)
- José Miguel Lissen (LESI Vice President)