The Asia-Pacific Committee is an LESI Regional Committee that serves as the focal point for the members of the licensing profession involved with the licensing and technology transfer in the Asia-Pacific region.
The mission of the Asia-Pacific Committee is to promote the licensing profession in the Asia-Pacific region, by, inter alia, promoting networking among its members, sponsoring appropriate educational activities such as workshops, lectures, and seminars, monitoring legal developments in the region and identifying and collaborating on problem areas of concern to, and major new developments in, professionals in this region.
The goals of the Asia-Pacific Committee for 2011-2012 include the following:
- Develop with assistance from the LESI External Relations Committee an Outreach strategy for contacting and collaborating with relevant professional and business organizations involved with licensing and technology transfer in the Asia-Pacific Region as a significant part of their agenda
- Coordinate with the LESI External Relations Committee to identify relevant target professional organizations in the Asia-Pacific region involved with licensing and technology transfer as a significant part of their agenda and to implement the Outreach strategy to make and maintain contact with them and to collaborate on activities with them
- Seek to produce an LES Workshop and Webinar on key issues for the profession moderated by the Asia-Pacific Committee but comprising presenters from the third party organizations. The program should focus on similarities and differences regarding such key issues between the organizations.
- Conduct/sponsor at least one Workshops at the 2012 LESI Annual Conference
- Secure and sponsor at least one publication in les Nouvelles
- Organize and conduct the Pan-Asian Regional Meeting
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI Website
- Audrey Yap (LES Singapore)
- Junko Sugimura (LES Japan)
- Leslie Ann Cruz (LES Philippines) [Workshops]
- Jordan Kim (LES Korea) [Webinars]
- Karen Sinclair (LES ANZ) [les Nouvelles]
- Ningling Wang (LES China) [Workshops]
- Patricia Bunye (LESI Vice-President)
Interested in joining this committee? Fill out our Committee Application Form