The Asia-Pacific Committee is an LESI Regional Committee that serves as the focal point for the members of the licensing profession involved with the licensing and technology transfer in the Asia-Pacific region.
The mission of the Asia-Pacific Committee is to promote the licensing profession in the Asia-Pacific region, by, inter alia, promoting networking among its members, sponsoring appropriate educational activities such as workshops, lectures, and seminars, monitoring legal developments in the region and identifying and collaborating on problem areas of concern to, and major new developments in, professionals in this region.
The goals of the Asia-Pacific Committee for 2016-2017 include the following:
- Under the vision of "Joining Hands", develop an Outreach strategy for contacting and collaborating with relevant professional and business organizations involved with licensing and technology transfer in the Asia-Pacific Region as a significant part of their agenda.
- Improve communication and share useful information among societies of AP Region, particularly utilize the Asia Pacific Website for disseminating information about each society's activities.
- Organize and put on Webinars to improve access to the community.
- Secure and sponsor at least one publication in les Nouvelles
- Support and organize the AP Regional Conference and the Student Business Competition in Korea in 2014.
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI website and AP website.
- Seek conjunction with the Young Member Congress of LESI and improve activities of AP Young Members.
- Leslie Ann Cruz (LES Philippines)
- Karen Sinclair (LES ANZ)
- Dookyu Kim (LES Korea)
- Brian Law (LES Malaysia)
- Chikako Hashimoto (LES Japan)
- Pauline Khor (LES Malaysia)
- Ichiro Nakatomi (LES Japan)