Cabinet Beau de Loménie, Partner, Paris, France
The Law on Modernization of the Economy (LME) was published on August 4, 2008 under N° 2008-776. This Law comprises four chapters, respectively aimed at promoting the development of small and medium-sized enterprises, enhancing competition, increasing the appeal of the French economy, and improving financing.
The third chapter, relating to competition enhancement, also addresses innovation and, consequently, the protection of IP rights.
The first objective of the LME is to enter stipulations analogous to those of the EPC 2000 into the French law on patents, regarding:
• the second therapeutic application;
• the limitation procedure;
• the filing requirements (also in view of the Patent Law Treaty);
• restoration of priority rights;
• the possibility of filing a patent application in any language.
Read the Full Article:
Full articles are available only to LESI Members. Please login to view the PDF of this Les Nouvelles Article.
Not an LESI member? Find out how to join your regional LES society and gain access to all that your LES society and LESI has to offer.