The LESI Dispute Resolution Committee invite you to attend the final session of their UPC webinar series on Tuesday, 18 April at 1:00pm - 2:30pm CET.
- Peter Blok, UPC Appeal Court Judge (NL)
- Sam Granata, UPC Judge, Local Division Brussels (BE)
- James Horgan, assistant managing counsel MSD (UK)
- Arno Riße, patent lawyer at Arnold-Ruess (DE)
- Thomas Adocker, patent lawyer at Taylor Wessing (Austria)
Moderator: Marleen van den Horst, patent lawyer at LGGA (NL)
- PI proceedings (inter partes / ex parte)
- When and where to start? - urgency/proportionaiity
- Cross border PI – only for UPC contracting MS,or also for non UPC, EU MS and/or other EPO countries ?
- Protective letter/writ – where to file, publicly accessible, known to patentee, level of detail?
- Defence of invalidity also assessed?
- When PI granted, proceedings on the merits need to follow. When, where, counterclaim for invalidity?
- When PI granted, but later patent invalidated/revoked, defendant entitled to damages? CJEU Bayer vs. Richter
- How/where to start?
- Requirements for seizure/inspection of premises and access to property/evidence seized? National law/courts?
- Proceedings (PI or on the merits) following the seizure
- Protection of trade secrets/confidentiality related to seized information
- Revocation/invalidity proceedings EPC / UPC:in parallel? How will they interact? Strategic (dis)advantages to start both? Timing?
This event is free to participants.