The Publications Committee is a LESI Management Committee responsible for providing direction and management of publications by LESI with a view to maximizing the value of publications to members so as to attract and maintain membership in particular by:
- overseeing LES printed and electronic publications, archives, and external communications such as LESI Global News, except les Nouvelles,
- gathering and disseminating or organizing the dissemination of important and topical IP information of value to members,
- assessing editorial quality and content of the publication program of LESI including the system of publication, and
- reporting its findings to the Board.
The mission of the Publications Committee is to (i)manage , review and improve the quality of LESI publications to provide value to the membership as whole; (ii) oversee general editorial policy, engage in strategic planning and development of the LESI current and future publications and recommend and work with partner entities and external organizations when appropriate to generate value to members or sections of members; and, (iii) periodically identify and initiate opportunities for publishing work derived from the LESI Committee and Member society activities so that maximum value is extracted and delivered to as large a section of the membership as is appropriate.
The goals of the Publications Committee for 2016-2017 are to review the publications of LESI from the point of view of delivering value to the membership including by:
- Identifying and making recommendations to the Board related to the needs and adequacy of the publications of LESI, including the need for the initiation of new efforts and for curtailment of ongoing efforts no longer serving their purpose.
- Monitoring the compliance with contracts for electronic distribution of les Nouvelles
- Reviewing plans for all LESI publications, including financial implications and modes of publication such as by electronic means
- Maintaining and developing the publication and dissemination of les Nouvelles working closely with the Editorial Review Board of les Nouvelles.
- Developing and implementing a program for identifying “hot topics” and initiating and organizing periodic publications involving LESI Committees and Member Societies and their members
- Recommending publications to be produced, their form and their periodicity
- Investigating and making recommendations on how to reduce printing and mailing costs
- Studying different ways of advertising and marketing publications
- Advising the Board on how to improve the standard of publications
- Studying and building the archives of LES publications online and offline.
- Working to clarify the role of the Publications Committee in the organization and to serve as a conduit of information between LES leadership and LES members and LES Societies
- Claire Driscoll (LES USA/Canada)
- Guillemette Vital-Durand (LES Benelux)
- Dennis Huang (LES Chinese-Taipei)
- Michael Froehlich (LES Germany)
- Russell Levine (LES USA & Canada)
Contact the committee chair - Sun R Kim (email@example.com)