The Patent and Technology Licensing Committee is an LESI Professional Committee that serves as the focal point for the members of the licensing profession involved with transactions between Industry and University/Government bodies.
The mission of the Patent and Technology Licensing Committee is to promote the licensing profession involved with transactions concerning patents and technology, by, inter alia, promoting networking among its members, sponsoring appropriate educational activities such as workshops, lectures, and seminars and identifying and collaborating on problem areas of concern to, and major new developments in, this profession.
The goals of the Patents and Technology Committee for 2019-2020 include the following:
- Facilitating the mobilization, sharing, or exchange of patents is increasingly important to promote innovation in this globalized and well-networked world, where the circulation of ideas and technologies is essential to innovation (OECD)
- The markets for trading IPRs need to become less opaque and fragmented so that IPR buyers and sellers can find each other efficiently, financial investments are made in IPR assets and transactions take place on fair terms (EU)
- Contribute to promote LESI as the international reference that respond to these goals
- Promote and diffuse solutions to improve transparency, security and accessibility in patent and technology licensing economy
- Be recognized by the innovators community and especially the innovative SMEs and the private and public research actors as a true contributor of a useful patent and technology economy
- Be a prominent contributor of the LESI annual meetings and LESI actions
- Robin Corwin (LES USA/Canada
- Taruna Gupta (LES India)
- Qinghong Xu (LES China)
- Audrey Yap (LESI President-Elect)
Contact the Committee Chairs - Patrick Terroir (email@example.com) and Madelein Kleyn (firstname.lastname@example.org)