The Industry, University and Government Transactions (IUGT) Committee is an LESI Professional Committee that serves as the focal point for the members of the licensing profession involved with transactions between Industry and University/Government bodies.
The mission of the IUGT is to promote the licensing profession involved with transactions among Industries, Universities and Governments, facilitating communication and networking, conducting education and training and cooperating to solve common challenges, contributing to global and local projects and discussions with the legal expertise, insight and direct experience of its members.
The goals of the Industry and University/Government Transactions (IUGT) Committee include the following:
- Produce LES Workshops, Webinars and/or other education means on key issues for the profession, moderated by the Industry and University/Government Transactions Committee
- Conduct/sponsor at least one Workshop at the LESI Annual Conference
- Secure and sponsor at least one publication in les Nouvelles
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI Website
- Participate to and/or support communication and/or educational initiatives launched by other LESI Committees, LES Groups or other institutions
- Stimulate and develop networking in the global environment of industries, universities and governmental institutes; establish, continue or enlarge contacts with other committees as e.g. the Young Members Congress, the External Relations Committee and local IUGT committees
- Develop and coordinate co-operation projects and/or educational activities aiming at stimulating knowledge sharing and building a global common frame of references for licensing professionals leading Industries, Universities and Governments policies or dealing with relevant transactions
- Provide insiders’ perspective and legal expertise to produce and review educational and/or informative materials concerning transactions among Industries, Universities and Governments and relevant issues
- Cairan He (LES Singapore)
- Shiva Loccisano (LES Italy)
- Laura MacDonald (LES Benelux)
- Mattia Dalla Costa (LESI Legal Counsel)