The Copyrights Committee is an LESI Professional Committee that serves as the focal point for the members of the copyright profession.
The mission of the Copyrights Committee is to promote the licensing of copyrights by, among other things, promoting networking among its members, sponsoring appropriate educational activities such as workshops, lectures, and seminars, and identifying and collaborating on problem areas of concern to, and major new developments in copyrights.
The goals of the Copyrights Committee for 2022-2023 include the following:
- Develop, coordinate and implement, with assistance from the LESI External Relations Committee, an outreach strategy for contacting and collaborating on activities with at least one relevant professional and business organizations involved with copyrights (e.g. ASCAP, BMI, MPAA, LIMA, HiTech Law, etc.) who have licensing/technology transfer as part of their agenda
- Develop and implement an outreach program for young members
- Develop and implement an outreach program for developing countries to encourage implementation and observance of copyright laws and licensing of copyright assets
- Participate in the ICANN IPC on behalf of LESI
- Conduct/sponsor at least two workshops at the 2023 LESI Annual Conference and/or another major LES meeting
- Conduct/sponsor at least two webinars on copyright-related subjects
- Identify potential plenary speakers for the 2023 LESI Annual Conference with a connection to copyrights
- Secure and sponsor at least one publication in Les Nouvelles
- Populate and maintain the Committee pages on the LESI Website
- Abraham Alegria (LES Mexico)
- Ken McKay (LES USA/Canada)
- Jennifer Pierce (LES Britain Ireland)
- Emmanuel Gougé (LESI Legal Counsel)